DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek SysLog Utility

• davegarratt
  • Topic Author
More
15 Sep 2009 10:58 #1 by davegarratt
Draytek SysLog Utility was created by davegarratt
I'm using this tool to monitor my 2820n router. However I've yet to manage to get the logging feature to work. If I enable either the log to file or database option I get a runtime c+ error next time I start the program and I have to disable it again by hacking out a key from the registry. I assume there is some missing dependancy, .NET, MSACCESS JET Engine or something like that, but it gives no clues at all. I'm running in Windows XP Pro SP3 at the moment. Clean build nothing else installed.

If there was an equivalent Linux utility I might rebuild for that. I have also tried the SmartMoniutor tool, but it's not happy with my laptop having 2 network cards and when it does work it does not seem able to pick up all the traffic like VPN, VOIP, XBOX etc, only what its been configured to look for.

Any advice on getting syslog to work properly or alternatives much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2009 14:27 #2 by lodwig
Replied by lodwig on topic Draytek SysLog Utility
I too had this problem with version 4.2.0 on Windows XP Pro SP3. There has been an earlier thread on the subject which is worth reading for deinstallation
I removed version 4.2.0 (with some additional registry edits) and installed the earlier version 4.1.0 from the U.S. site (www.draytek.com). I now have the ability for realtime writing to the text version log file and also to the data base version with no problems. The working installation is on the production version of Windows 7. I've not yet retried on XP.

More
15 Sep 2009 14:45 #3 by lodwig
Replied by lodwig on topic Draytek SysLog Utility
I've found the earlier thread; it's "Syslog Runtime Error" (search string http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12904&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=syslog&start=0)

• davegarratt
  • Topic Author
More
15 Sep 2009 15:09 #4 by davegarratt
Replied by davegarratt on topic Draytek SysLog Utility
Well versions 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 don't work for me. I will try the older version 3.7.1 next.

Thanks for the feedback

Dave

Moderators: Sami