DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

[Solved] Can't connect Vigor 120 to Be Unlimited

• bram2000
  • Topic Author
More
23 Sep 2009 21:38 #1 by bram2000
Hi all,

I've been trying to connect my new DrayTek Vigor 120 to Be Unlimited for a couple of days now with little success. I have it plugged directly into my laptop, I've followed the directions about using the Vigor 120 with BE* here: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html, and I have a solid 'DSL' light. I have telnet'd onto the modem and used 'adsl status', it all looks pretty good:

Code:
> adsl status --------------------------- ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex A) ----------- Running Mode : ADSL2+(G.992.5) State : SHOWTIME DS Actual Rate : 4249000 bps US Actual Rate : 1153000 bps DS Attainable Rate : 7308000 bps US Attainable Rate : 1153000 bps DS Path Mode : Fast US Path Mode : Fast DS Interleave Depth : 64 US Interleave Depth : 1 NE Current Attenuation : 43 dB Cur SNR Margin : 14 dB DS actual PSD : 19. 0 dB US actual PSD : 12. 2 dB ADSL Firmware Version : 321311_A -------------------------------- ATU-C Info --------------------------------- Far Current Attenuation : 22 dB Far SNR Margin : 6 dB CO ITU Version[0] : 00004244 CO ITU Version[1] : 0000434d DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR : < BDCM >

Trouble comes when I try to create a new PPPoE connection in Leopard. I leave the three fields (Service Name, Account Name, Password) blank as I understand I have to for BE*, hit connect and it just spins. Eventually it times out with the message "Failed to locate PPPoE host".

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be, or steps I can take to further troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bram2000
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2009 10:24 #2 by bram2000
Replied by bram2000 on topic Solved!
Problem solved. I kept setting the IP address of my laptop manually, to the same subnet as the DrayTek, in order to access it's web interface. If I simply leave the ethernet connection on DHCP, it aquires an external IP address and works perfectly!

More
03 Oct 2009 23:20 #3 by jchamier
Replied by jchamier on topic Re: Solved!

bram2000 wrote: Problem solved. I kept setting the IP address of my laptop manually, to the same subnet as the DrayTek, in order to access it's web interface. If I simply leave the ethernet connection on DHCP, it aquires an external IP address and works perfectly!

This is because BE (and O2) don't use any PPP authentication, unlike every other UK ISP !

Vigor2820Vn - BT Infinity 2 - Download: 45 megabit/sec - Upload: 8 megabit/sec

Moderators: Sami