DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n problem with ping IP in 2nd office (desperate)

• lenny109
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2009 22:06 #1 by lenny109
Hi,
I have just setup two 2820n routers in two seperate offices. I have then set up a LAN to LAN VPN and this seems to be working OK except for one thing. I am trying to also setup a telephone system with an IPLDK20 with VOIM Card installed in office 2 (192.168.10.X) . This has an IP in the domain range of 192.168.10.11. I can't get the phones in the other office to connect to it.

From office 1 I am able to ping the router, other computers too but not the Voim Card. In thier instructions certain ports need to be opened which I have done but still with no joy.

From Office 2 router I am able to ping card wtihout any problems but when I ping from the router in office 1 or do a trace route it gets stuck at the office 2 router.

How do I open all ports and security on the routers for a short time so I can confirm that it isn't the router causing the ping problem.

I have just noticed antother thing. I have also set up a dial in user VPN account for both routers. If I dial in on the Office 2 router then I can access both routers. If I dial in useing the Office 1 router then it dials me in OK but I can't access either router via the webpage.
Cheers
Lenny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lenny109
  • Topic Author
More
26 Sep 2009 22:49 #2 by lenny109
rebooted the router - again. And it is now working OK. Not sure what was causing the barrier though. It would be nice to know for next time.

More
03 Oct 2009 22:00 #3 by larrylloyd
Replied by larrylloyd on topic Danm 2820's
Hi Lenny

Its the firmware........ its flakey!
I'm using lots of Drayteks across the country....
The best ones are the 2800's, they're the most stable units.
The 2820's give me the most problems, and to make things worse, upgrading the firmware seems to cause even more problems!!!!!
I don't think there's a week gone by without me having to re-boot the 2820's at least a few times :evil:

Moderators: Sami