DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn accepts only 3.2.1 german *all firmware

• g3master
  • Topic Author
More
27 Sep 2009 13:00 #1 by g3master
I'm running a 2820 Vn on T-Com DSL 16000 in germany with the 3.2.1 AnnexB firmware.
Everything is great - and i mean it.

After some Firmware upgrades to 3.2.1 ALL German the Router accepts no other frimware!

It dosnt matter if i update it with a mac or pc. I hangs itself up in a loop right after booting, showing me all 3 left Leds permanent.

That happens with ALL Firmware versions above 3.2.1 (englisch/german/AnnexB/AnnexA).

From the very minute after i rolled back to 3.2.1 everything is like there where no hassle at all - everything!

Is there another switch I have to toggle to convince the 2820 to accept my new firmware?

BTW: the firmware where downloaded from every source (Draytek.com and the german site) several times, unpacked under Mac and PC, flashed under Mac and PC.

I want to use the new USB port feature under 3.3.2

Now the 2820Vn is running under Mac OS X 10.5.8 with a Netgear GS108T behind him on 3.2.1 All german.

If someone have a idea which fault was my one - please tell me.

Oliver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• g3master
  • Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2009 23:52 #2 by g3master
Replied by g3master on topic 2820Vn accepts only 3.2.1 german *all firmware
Now i´m a tiny little bit further......

He likes also *.rst Firmwares. He boots from them but accept not the backup from 3.2.1.

After restoring the backupfile from 3.2.1 the 2820 boots and then stucks -
nothing goes.

I´ve tested all (in this case all *rst) Firmwares from 3.2.1 up to 3.3.2.1 wih the same result - the backup is worth nothing!

Please help, if there is an idea!

Oliver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami