DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 USB disk issue

• vmgscot
  • Topic Author
More
28 Sep 2009 14:55 #1 by vmgscot
2820 USB disk issue was created by vmgscot
We are testing the USB disk facility to use as a simple backup for each of our small remote offices.

One (major) problem we are seeing is that the files copied to the router/usb disk are being set with an incorrect date/time (eg some test files today all had the date/time 02/09/08 02:27.) All the file scopied had the exact same invalid date/time stamp (even though files were copied over 10 min period).

This causes the backup/copy software (Microsoft robocopy) to break as it works off the date time stamps on the files (copying onlt newer files). The source files all have the correct date time.

I have also checked the system date/time of the router and that is current and correct (and being set by NTP).

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vmgscot
  • Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2009 09:59 #2 by vmgscot
Replied by vmgscot on topic 2820 USB disk issue
Draytek support have confirmed a bug that the USB disk facility does not record the correct date/time stamp.

More
15 Jan 2010 14:25 #3 by auser
Replied by auser on topic 2820 USB disk issue

vmgscot wrote: Draytek support have confirmed a bug that the USB disk facility does not record the correct date/time stamp.

Hi,
Aswell as the above time/date defect, there appears to be a defect whereby any folders created on my USB disk is made "read only" according to my Vista folder properties. But yet, I can still delete the folder and rename it etc.

This is a problem for me in that I'm trying to create a Subversion SVN repository on my USB but it complains that the folder is read only.

Please can you confirm whether this is a defect and I would really appreciate an estimate as to when this could be fixed.

Cheers.

Moderators: Sami