DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710n network QoS?

More
23 Nov 2009 15:56 #7 by nomaduk
Replied by nomaduk on topic 2710n network QoS?
I've just discovered that the version of the 2710Vn shipped in the UK has QoS disabled, except for VoIP. The QoS settings are not user-configurable.

This is completely different, apparently, to the 2710Vn as shipped to Australia and the US, and, presumably, elsewhere.

I complained to info@draytek.co.uk about it, and was fobbed off with some mumbling about 'regional specifications' differing, but no explanation for why it should be the case that such a significant feature should be disabled only in the UK version.

I'll have to give serious consideration to returning the unit, and possibly filing a complaint with the OFT. In the meantime, other purchasers should beware; the product specs for the exact same model are not the same in different countries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• blazedras
  • Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2009 16:22 #8 by blazedras
Replied by blazedras on topic Re: 2710n network QoS?

NomadUK wrote: I've just discovered that the version of the 2710Vn shipped in the UK has QoS disabled, except for VoIP. The QoS settings are not user-configurable.

This is completely different, apparently, to the 2710Vn as shipped to Australia and the US, and, presumably, elsewhere.

I complained to info@draytek.co.uk about it, and was fobbed off with some mumbling about 'regional specifications' differing, but no explanation for why it should be the case that such a significant feature should be disabled only in the UK version.

I'll have to give serious consideration to returning the unit, and possibly filing a complaint with the OFT. In the meantime, other purchasers should beware; the product specs for the exact same model are not the same in different countries.

indeed i was extremely disappointed with this too but couldnt go through the hassle of returning it since we didnt have a replacement router at that time. now its probably too late but I can safely say even though the performance of this unit (2710n) is great draytek wont be getting my business again and I wont be recommending them (even though I wish I could)

It doesnt make sense to me why they would disable this portion of the device and not just enable it through firmware. Its not like we got some bargin price for it for lackign features that were displayed

Petros Constantopoulos

More
23 Nov 2009 16:44 #9 by nomaduk
Replied by nomaduk on topic Re: 2710n network QoS?
Yes, and the really annoying thing is they keep pointing to the 'UK specs' page on their Web site, as though that somehow exculpates them.

Why should I bother to look at the UK specs? I did a few Google searches, read some reviews, read the specs on the Australian site. Why should I even imagine that the specs for the exact same model would be different if I bought it in the UK? If the model numbers were 2710VnAU, 2710VnUS, and 2710VnUK, that might be different, but they're not. And it's not as though one drives a router on the left side of the road here, so that one would expect that there would be differences between the UK and US versions.

It's just an ADSL router, and there's no legitimate reason I can think of that the specs should be different. Especially since their (higher-end) routers have that capability, and they work fine here.

• blazedras
  • Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2009 17:58 #10 by blazedras
Replied by blazedras on topic Re: 2710n network QoS?

NomadUK wrote: Yes, and the really annoying thing is they keep pointing to the 'UK specs' page on their Web site, as though that somehow exculpates them.

Why should I bother to look at the UK specs? I did a few Google searches, read some reviews, read the specs on the Australian site. Why should I even imagine that the specs for the exact same model would be different if I bought it in the UK? If the model numbers were 2710VnAU, 2710VnUS, and 2710VnUK, that might be different, but they're not. And it's not as though one drives a router on the left side of the road here, so that one would expect that there would be differences between the UK and US versions.

It's just an ADSL router, and there's no legitimate reason I can think of that the specs should be different. Especially since their (higher-end) routers have that capability, and they work fine here.

I agree, entirely. Wish Draytek would just enable the QoS via firmware..

Petros Constantopoulos

More
26 Nov 2009 19:55 #11 by morpheus95
Replied by morpheus95 on topic 2710n network QoS?
i just brought a 2710n and the QoS light is on but i have no option for it in the menu.

• blazedras
  • Topic Author
More
26 Nov 2009 22:01 #12 by blazedras
Replied by blazedras on topic 2710n network QoS?
where do u come from morpheus?

Petros Constantopoulos

Moderators: Sami