DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How many NAT / Forwarding Rules are there.

More
01 Oct 2009 09:26 #1 by davidlee
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Vigor 2910 router and see that I am only able to specify 20 NAT rules for port forwarding. I know 20 in most cases would be enough but I now need a router that is capable of a lot more, 30-40.

I have read the product documentation but it is all a bit vague.

Can anyone tell me how many port forwards you can setup for the following routers:

Vigor 2930
Vigor 2950
Vigor 3300V

If you know the answer to any of those then please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Ta,

David Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2009 12:19 #2 by paulj48
Replied by paulj48 on topic How many NAT / Forwarding Rules are there.
I have a 2950 and I get the option of 20 port forwards (can chooses a port range per rule) and also 20 port redirects (can only choose single port per rule) so 40 all together

I assume your 2910 will be the same can you not use a combination of both?

Also if the port forwards are on just a few machines can you not use DMZ and then use a firewall filter to block the unneeded ports, my 2950 can have 12 x 6 seperate rules, but I can also create 'service type objects' can can contain many ports, your 2910 should be the same.

Have a look on the draytek.com website and under the support tab there are live web demos of all the Draytek routers you can play with.

More
01 Oct 2009 12:34 #3 by davidlee
Replied by davidlee on topic How many NAT / Forwarding Rules are there.
Dear Paulj48,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I think the 2910 only allows 20 in total of Nat Ranges or Nat Singles, I may have got by on a combination.

I did check out the Draytek site but the web demos did not load, I think I may have used the .co.uk site so maybe the .com would work. I will check.

I managed to speak to pre-sales in the UK and I was impressed that they even understood my question. They tell me that of the dual wan routers they all have 20 forwarders apart from the 3300v which is only restricted to memory so should be loads.

Thanks for your time in responding.

Ta,

David Lee

Moderators: Sami