DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New 2820 - cannot use admin web site over wireless.

• blowdart
  • Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2009 14:30 #1 by blowdart
So I purchased a new 2820 as my old 2800 gave up the ghost (and oh how I wish I could import the old settings).

One problem I have is when connected over wireless I cannot access the router configuration site, or telnet to the router. Is this normal? It's flipping annoying!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2009 14:52 #2 by roboughton
no this is not normal are you sure the wireless is configured properly did you isolate the wireless from the LAN (not sure that will disalow access to managment though)

what settings do you have set in the managment page?

• blowdart
  • Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2009 15:08 #3 by blowdart

roboughton wrote: no this is not normal are you sure the wireless is configured properly did you isolate the wireless from the LAN (not sure that will disalow access to managment though)

what settings do you have set in the managment page?

Nope, no isolation set and nothing weird on the management page, except allowing ping

I'm starting to believe I have a sick router to be honest. Inbound firewall rules won't pass traffic either. Enabling ping from the internet to the router and no pings get returned. I've rebooted to the default settings twice now and started again and I'm getting deeply frustrated.

• blowdart
  • Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2009 17:04 #4 by blowdart
So after much back and forth with the very patient Alex at seg, we ended up reloading the firmware, and blanking the settings that way.

Interestingly the DMZ host stuff has problems with port80 - all the other ports work but 80 didn't, so I've had to abandon the firewall rules and use open ports instead. But it works at least.

Even the VPN is happy with Win7, hurrah. And finally the DHCP from the VPN issues the correct suffix and uses the internal DNS servers, so a big step up from the 2800.

More
02 Oct 2009 17:23 #5 by roboughton
glad to see you bodged it, i get the feeling lots of us have to not many replies to questions on this forum sadly

• blowdart
  • Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2009 18:01 #6 by blowdart

roboughton wrote: glad to see you bodged it, i get the feeling lots of us have to not many replies to questions on this forum sadly

yea it's not great, I would rather have used multi-nat with DMZ hosts and proper firewall rules, but at least Alex took the time to get me going. I think he diagnosed and prodded for about 2 hours.

Moderators: Sami