Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Two Printers?

• berwhale
  • Topic Author
More
06 Oct 2009 19:39 #1 by berwhale
Two Printers? was created by berwhale
Hi,

I recently purchased a Vigor 2710n which i'm very impressed with, much more reliable than my old Netgear.

I've also got a Belkin Network USB hub which I use to run two printers (Samsung ML-1750 laser & Canon IP4200 inkjet). Recently, the Belkin started playing up and I've been unable to get it working again (this is not uncommon for this device!). I then realized that the 2710n has a USB port...

So far, I've managed to get the IP4200 printing (via a powered USB hub) and I was wondering if it's possible to get the 2nd printer working as well. I've tried creating a 2nd TCP printing port and setting it to LPR queue p2, but that didn't work.

My router is running firmware: 3.2.3.1

Thanks and regards,

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2009 15:39 #2 by iain
Replied by iain on topic Two Printers?
I'm not convinced you'd be able to do this as you have to make reference to the port when you define the printer queue under the OS. I reckon that the Draytek will only respond to one LPR port but I've often been proved wrong! ;)

• berwhale
  • Topic Author
More
26 Nov 2009 16:39 #3 by berwhale
Replied by berwhale on topic Two Printers?
Thanks, in the end I managed to get the Belkin hub to work on my Windows Home Server by configuring a couple of exceptions on the firewall (something which the Belkin software claimed to do itself and failed at miserably).

Moderators: Sami