Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Three 3G Modem on Vigor 2110n

• snowflake
  • Topic Author
More
09 Oct 2009 18:52 #1 by snowflake
Three 3G Modem on Vigor 2110n was created by snowflake
Hi,

I have the huwaei 3g modem on three (e169g), I asked Draytek how to set it up and they sent the instructions below.

Took 2 mins to do and worked a treat..........so I though I would pass on the info. The only glitch I stumbled accross was after the reboot in step 2 it did not remeber the APN name, so I re-enterd and saved again and all was well. My firmware is 3.3.1 downloaded and flashed from draytek site.

Disconected my cable router and in a couple of minutes it was up and running.

Hope this helps, apparently the newest three modem ZTE MF627 is not currently supported.

1) First of all, in the router's web interface go to Internet Access then select either PPPoE or Static or Dynamic IP depending on which type ofconnection you normally use. Make sure that one of the connectiontypes is enabled and on that page set the 3G USB Modem Backup to Enabled then click OK. the router may then need to restart.

2) Go back to the relevant Internet Access settings page (PPPoE or Staticor Dynamic IP), on there select Go to 3G USB Modem Setup to change thesettings for the 3G connection; set the PPP Client Mode to Enable and enter 3internet as the APN name, then click the Apply button, thisshould change the Modem Initial String to APN:3internet. Click the OKbutton once these settings have been changed, which may require therouter to restart again.

3) Plug in the 3G modem now and go to the Online Status page in therouter's web configuration, if it is detected, there will be an iconof a green circle around a mobile phone. You will then need to waitaround 1-2 minutes for the connection to establish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2009 12:42 #2 by appl3.pi3ǃ
Replied by appl3.pi3ǃ on topic Three 3G Modem on Vigor 2110n
Instructions perfectly work (provided that you have a supported device :P)

Anyway I hadn't any problem concerning the APN name (both switching off/on and rebooting it - after selecting to keep the configuration)

But I found another problem; now that I enabled the 3G USB Modem Backup
I see it enabled in each connection settings page (PPPoE, Dynamic IP and PPT - and maybe that's how it should work and it's not a problem) and I cannot disable it: even if I change the option (in any of the three pages) and I reboot the router, when it loads again I keep seeing the Backup option active. Do you have the same problem?

• snowflake
  • Topic Author
More
19 Oct 2009 12:46 #3 by snowflake
Replied by snowflake on topic Hi........
Yes,

I did notice it was enabled in all three options (I use the static\dynamic IP one off a cable modem).

I just assumed this was "the way it is", given that the three 3g modem may actually use one of these standards to connect or similar.

Cheers

James

Moderators: Sami