DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware 3.3.2 for 2710n? (USB NAS) + USB Print Problems

• the vin
  • Topic Author
More
14 Oct 2009 09:23 #1 by the vin
Having just purchased a 2710n wireless router I was hoping to upgrade the firmware to allow for NAS use.

I see a full release of firmware 3.3.2 has been released for the 2820 wireless router, but there is nothing beyond 3.3.0 for the 2710n as yet.

Can anyone tell me when 3.3.2 will be released for the 2710n?

Out of the box, with firmware 3.3.0 loaded as default I have had no joy with an Epson Stylus SX400 direct on to the 2710n's USB port. The USB indicator light doesn't even light up on the router. I've followed the printer setup instructions to the letter a number of times but haven't had any printing success. Can I therefore presume that this model of printer is incompatible? Or will firmware 3.3.2 also fix my print issue as a generic problem?

Thanks, Gavin.

* EDIT *

I see just between checking the Draytek product pages for the 2710n 2 weeks ago prior to purchase & now checking back a moment ago after submitting this post the ETA for the NAS firmware has been altered to Winter 2009 (it did say August or September 2009 when I last checked)!

I am going to try an alternative USB cable so will report back as I would expect the routers USB light to be lit to show a connection even if I can't print. Also, there doesn't appear to be any USB menu options when logging into the router as admin. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2009 12:16 #2 by appl3.pi3ǃ
I can tell you that I had the same doubt about the USB port working fine cause the light didn't light up: now I know for sure that it's normal the light doesn't light up if you plug in a not supported device as I were told by Support Service and as I could try by myself (I found a compatible device - Nokia N95 - and the USB port works fine).

Anyway I'm waiting for a 3.3.2 firmaware as well. In my case ther router is the Vigor 2110Vn and I'm totally missing any option about USB devices and NAS settings.

I hope the next firmware is going to add these features. (As in your case the product page says Winter 2009 but some features are already available using the 3.3.1 releade in July).

• the vin
  • Topic Author
More
28 Oct 2009 10:16 #3 by the vin
Thanks for your reply, clears that one up a bit for me in terms of being unable to get my USB printer working off the router!

Does anyone know if the next firmware update also improve on USB device compatibility, as well as adding the NAS function & USB menu options? My printer is an Epson Stylus SX400.

More
06 Nov 2009 23:31 #4 by macavity
I checked with Draytek on this and I've been told it's going to be soon.

More
17 Nov 2009 19:15 #5 by poppeye
You can get RC4 of the latest firmware on their aussie site, if you feel so inclined. Works fine for me.

Moderators: Sami