DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820 constant restart - reset ineffective

More
16 Oct 2009 14:00 #1 by adamh
We have a Vigor 2820. After I activated the SNMP option the router restarted. It then failed to respond, and went through an endless cycle of flashing the lights on the front in a pattern and then restarting. The problem persists after doing a factory reset.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2009 16:30 #2 by adamh
Replied by adamh on topic resolved!
All resolved thanks to a speedy and helpful reply from broadbandbuyer support!

Required reflashing the firmware, which I didn't know you could do if it was basically unresponsive. Useful to know!

Very pleased with the service I have had from broadbandbuyer today. I'll definitely use them again and recommend them.

More
16 Oct 2009 16:56 #3 by m0rph150
yea thats quite interesting with draytek routers i have done this a handful of times with what appear to be bricked routers you can kinda force flash them and bring em back to life pretty cool dont ya think !!!

More
17 Oct 2009 23:15 #4 by macavity
Yeah, in all most all cases a firmware reflash sorts out corrupt settings / firmware.

It's worth mentioning that there are two types of upgrade, .all file and .rst file.

If a unit doesn't come back to life after a .all upgrade it's worth attempting the .rst upgrade as that can fix issue that the .all upgrade can't solve.

E.g. if its corrupt setting that's causing the router to continually power cycle then the .rst upgrade will wipe out all settings and put it back to factory defaults in a way that can't be done by using the reset button.

Moderators: Sami