DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 100 + Vigor 2930 - DHCP compatability ***IGNORE***

• pwatson
  • Topic Author
More
17 Oct 2009 13:02 #1 by pwatson
Hi,

I've bought a Vigor 100 in the hope of using it with a 2930. My ADSL ISP is O2 and I've followed the instructions to get the 100 connected and it syncs up and gets an IP address.

My problem is that the 100 doesn't pass the public O2 address onto a DHCP client (2930 or a PC) and I can't configure the 2930 with a fixed WAN address as I haven't got a static IP from O2.

Step 13 on the 100/120 setup for Be/O2 FAQ suggests that what I'm trying should work?

Grateful for any help!

Cheers,

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pwatson
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2009 14:33 #2 by pwatson
Correction to earlier post:

If I plug a laptop running XP into the 100, the O2 address is passed to the PC via DHCP and all works *but* plugging a PC running Linux (Moblin) or the 2930 into the 100 instead does not work... When I plug the 2930 in, the DSL activity LED flashes continously but no address is picked up.

It seems the Vigor 100 DHCP server is picky about what clients it works with?

Has anyone got a 100 working with another Vigor router on O2/Be ?

• pwatson
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2009 15:50 #3 by pwatson
Further information:

Using the O2 supplied Thomson router, in its default configuration, the 2930 WAN port picks up a 192.168.1.xxx address and I'm able to connect via the O2 service.

I've just tried running the Thomson router in bridge mode and I get the same symptoms as using the Vigor 100 ie an XP PC gets the O2 public IP and works fine but the 2930 does not - In fact once the 2930 *did* seem to get allocated the public IP briefly but then no longer had it after the next 'WAN Status' refresh...

I've tried both V3.2.1 (from draytek.co.uk) and V3.2.3 (from draytek.com) firmwares on the 2930 and they both behave the same way...

Puzzled!

• pwatson
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2009 16:58 #4 by pwatson
Sorted - I was using Ping Detect to 212.58.253.68 with a TTL of 255 to detect if the WAN is up. This doesn't seem to work with O2 (Is OK on WAN1 via Virgin)

Now using ARP and all is well!

Moderators: Sami