DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 Router, 2820, 2 x Be there lines, speed issues

• kerryburn
  • Topic Author
More
20 Oct 2009 22:21 #1 by kerryburn
Guys

I have recently changed my BeBoxes to take advantage of some Draytek kit for load balancing. I have a 2820 and a Vigor 120

I have noticed that the vigor 120 makes the line markedly slower, some 3 - 4 Mb and I wanted to ask if anyone else in the community has the same set up and if they have experienced the same problems? I have tried the Spectrum 20 profile and this made matters worse if anything and I have gone back to optimise for speed / gaming mode on!

Can someone advise please if they are seeing the same issues.

All kit has the latest firmware and we are talking about ethernet connections and not wireless.

For the record, the line connected to the 2820 reports a downspeed of 21mb, the other, between 16 and 18Mb.

I have had the lines checked by BT and they report no issues. If I reverse the DSL lines it reports a faster speed, so the issue appears to be the modem.

ANy thoughts? Woud Be Pro help?

K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2009 17:14 #2 by gordondack

kerryburn wrote: Guys

I have recently changed my BeBoxes to take advantage of some Draytek kit for load balancing. I have a 2820 and a Vigor 120

I have noticed that the vigor 120 makes the line markedly slower, some 3 - 4 Mb and I wanted to ask if anyone else in the community has the same set up and if they have experienced the same problems? I have tried the Spectrum 20 profile and this made matters worse if anything and I have gone back to optimise for speed / gaming mode on!

Can someone advise please if they are seeing the same issues.

All kit has the latest firmware and we are talking about ethernet connections and not wireless.

For the record, the line connected to the 2820 reports a downspeed of 21mb, the other, between 16 and 18Mb.

I have had the lines checked by BT and they report no issues. If I reverse the DSL lines it reports a faster speed, so the issue appears to be the modem.

ANy thoughts? Woud Be Pro help?

K

You have posted the same question in 2 different parts of the forum for the same issue, this is obviously going to create issues when people start replying to seperate threads! It would be best to only have 1 thread running for this issue, not 2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami