Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SmartMon in IP Routed Mode

• weehappypixie
  • Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2009 16:19 #1 by weehappypixie
SmartMon in IP Routed Mode was created by weehappypixie
Hi,

Can someone please assist. I have two Vigor 2820VN routers. They are configured with IP routing usage so our SonicWALL basically see's it as a modem.

I am trying to run Smart Monitor 2 on a stand alone PC connected to P4 and have set the sniffing up to sniff from P1 and send it to P4 but I have 2 problems.

I am unable to connect to Smart Monitor as it cant detect the Vigor once sniffing has been enabled. Plugging the stand alone PC with Smart Mon 2 into either port 2 or 3 which are not mirrored starts the program and I can login OK but it will not show any traffic.

If I plug the Smart Mon PC back into P4 which is the mirrored port again I cant get any traffic.

Am I doing something wrong or does Smart Mon not work when the Vigor is being used in IP Routing Mode.

The Vigors are setup for DHCP 172.16.0.x and 172.17.0.x when a PC is plugged in locally to them and they both have there own unique IP (one of our public IP's).

So you know our SonicWALL is set up to send email and VPN out to one router and web and FTP out the other. I am only interested in monitoring one of the Vigors at a time.

Please help.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami