DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WAN Bandwidth setting on 2820 routers

• geseekoo
  • Topic Author
More
27 Oct 2009 01:47 #1 by geseekoo
WAN Bandwidth setting on 2820 routers was created by geseekoo
At present i can see no way to set the bandwidth for the wan1 interface on QOS as for wan2 , i think this is set automatically from showtime info , however the showtime only reflects what the line is capable of and not what bandwith you get , i would like to be able to set these for Wan1 as for wan 2 to reflect the true speed of the adsl rather than say 8mb which is not always what is achived , perhaps an average speed could be accertained and that could be applied rather than the showime info. if i have misunderstood then im happy to be corrected. Thoughts and comments welcome. :lol:

WAN Inbound Bandwidth It allows you to set the connecting rate of data input for WAN.
For example, if your ADSL supports 1M of downstream and
256K upstream, please set 10000kbps for this box. The default
value is 10000kbps.
WAN Outbound Bandwidth It allows you to set the connecting rate of data output for WAN.
For example, if your ADSL supports 1M of downstream and
256K upstream, please set 256kbps for this box. The default
value is 10000kbps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• geseekoo
  • Topic Author
More
13 Nov 2009 13:32 #2 by geseekoo
Replied by geseekoo on topic any comments
Hi just wondered if anyone reads these

More
15 Nov 2009 18:37 #3 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic WAN Bandwidth setting on 2820 routers
Hi,

Perhaps the rcpct and txpct values that can be set via the CLI could help. I believe that if you set these then it will affect how QoS operates for WAN1 but it might be worth checking with DrayTek for confirmation as it's my guess.

telnet 192.168.1.1
Code:
telnet 192.168.1.1 > adsl rxpct ? %rx percentage : 80 % adsl rxpct [auto:percent] % auto : auto detect, percent : 10-100 > adsl txpct ? %tx percentage : 80 % adsl txpct [auto:percent] % auto : auto detect, percent : 10-100. >

Moderators: Sami