DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n with Firmware 3.3.3 - dropped network issues

• stuart elliott
  • Topic Author
More
31 Oct 2009 12:13 #1 by stuart elliott
Since applying 3.3.3 to the 2820n, I've been getting lots (ie at least 2 an hour) of instances where my network connection drops as if the network cable has been unplugged, and re-connected.

I have checked the cable to see if it was loose, in case it was a coincidence, but it's still rock solidly connected.

I have re-flashed back to 3.3.2.1 to see if the issue remains, and will report back later today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2009 11:48 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic 2820n with Firmware 3.3.3 - dropped network issues
Do you mean the ADSL connection is dropping? If so which modem code did you install and was it different to the one you were using before?

Howard

More
03 Nov 2009 11:16 #3 by voodle
If it says network cable unplugged, that usually means its resetting itself. If you do "sys ver dbg" in the telnet interface it'll tell you if & why its resetting.

• stuart elliott
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2009 07:44 #4 by stuart elliott
Replied by stuart elliott on topic 2820n with Firmware 3.3.3 - dropped network issues

Howard Simpson wrote: Do you mean the ADSL connection is dropping? If so which modem code did you install and was it different to the one you were using before?

No, my PC (and that of all other connected machines) network connection was dropping to a yellow exclamation mark with limited connectivity for about 5 seconds before re-acquiring sync with the 2820.

Voodle wrote:
If it says network cable unplugged, that usually means its resetting itself. If you do "sys ver dbg" in the telnet interface it'll tell you if & why its resetting.

My apologies, my description wasn't 100% accurate, it wasn't changing my network connection to the red X of unplugged, but to the yellow ! of limited connection.

Either way, I'm still on 3.3.2.1 and it's been solid since re-flashing, so I'll wait for 3.3.3.1 or 3.3.4 :)

Moderators: Sami