DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can't connect Vigor2800G to O2 EDIT - not now relevant

More
07 Nov 2009 14:22 #1 by shrub
EDIT:-
I have now learned that O2 is BE internet and after reading all the BE/2800 problem posts, there appears to be no solution for the 2800, so it is time to junk it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2009 19:16 #2 by voodle
It does work fine with Be, it just requires some setup, but it is limited to ~7.5mbps download speed without asking Be to change some settings on their end.

If the problem you're having is that it won't connect, you'd need to make sure that you've got Channel 2 set up for MPoA settings on the Multi-PVCs page, otherwise it won't let you set the other settings correctly on the MPoA settings page.

More
09 Nov 2009 10:25 #3 by shrub
Many thanks, Voodle - you have saved the Draytek from an early grave!

I originally posted an O2 query, not realising that O2 & Be are the same and with trial and error *almost* found the right settings.

On reading your message, I tried again, deleted the DNS server numbers I had entered and all is well :-). Whilst I am quite clued up on computers, I am clueless on networks - but learning fast.

I bought the Draytek as a relacement for the BT router which kept dropping the line and it has worked very well for years, so I can now keep it as a spare, just in case the O2 router goes the same way as the BT one.

Thanks again, Voodle - you may take the day off!

Moderators: Sami