Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cannot get on net with 2820VN

• garyi
  • Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2009 19:12 #1 by garyi
Cannot get on net with 2820VN was created by garyi
Hi team.

I have just taken delivery of a second hand 2820vn. I restored it to factory settings.

I believe I have entered the details correctly, and currently have a vigor 2600 on the line which is flawless.

I am in the uk and on adsl. The one thing that did not come with the package was an adaptor for the phone line. That being said I have plugged it into the filter I had for the vigor.

However no dice, the DSL light just blinks quickly. indicating its 'tranning' (Is this a spelling error, not even google knows what that means)

Just wondered really if there is any special settings I am unaware of? the ACT light blinks slowley so I am guessing there is nothing 'wrong'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• garyi
  • Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2009 21:48 #2 by garyi
Replied by garyi on topic Cannot get on net with 2820VN
OK< I worked it out. I have been plugging my phone line into the 'line' hole and not the dsl hole.

However things are still not great. In the first few seconds everything is quick and lovely then over a few minutes its gets slower and slower until its virtually stopped. It does not seem to lose connection but it gets down to around 30k and stays there.

I am guessing a sync issue but don't really know where to start?

More
08 Nov 2009 00:10 #3 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Cannot get on net with 2820VN
Do you have any phones that are connected to the line without a microfilter? Perhaps on another extension?

• garyi
  • Topic Author
More
08 Nov 2009 14:21 #4 by garyi
Replied by garyi on topic Cannot get on net with 2820VN
Hi I think I am getting to grips with it now. I have worked out that 'tranning' in the manual actually means training, and some of the speeds I have seen have been because of this.

I am back up to 7 meg now which is great but if sending something via email cannot use the internet. I am assuming its still doing its thing.

Moderators: Sami