DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn + huawei e220 issues - Stops working after 12-18 hrs

More
07 Nov 2009 23:22 #1 by phez
Hello anyone,

I am becoming increasing frustrated with the 2820vn which was purchased 2 weeks ago. I have an open ticket with Draytek.

I have been using it exclusively with 3G USB Huawei E220 with 3 mobile in Australia. The issue i have is that after 12 to 18 hours, the internet stops working. I still have WAN but its as if its not bridged across to the 3G connection.

Sometimes it can be fixed by dropping the PPP connection, sometimes it cannot and needs a physical reboot of the router which is ultra frustrating.

Draytek have advised that it could be due to low 3G signal but on the online status page its showing constantly over 60%, normally 70%. I have updated the firmware on both the router and the 3G USB to:

Draytek 3.3.3 211011_A

Huawei 11.107.05.00.03.B266

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated, otherwise, i think i will return the router as its no use otherwise.

Thanks,
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2009 10:48 #2 by bstanier
I don't know about the 2820, but on my 2110Vn the signal strength does not seem to be updated after the initial connection, so it may be misleading later. Draytek could be right. Don't be too quick to blame the router.

I've used my router with several carriers. Some drop the connection every few hours (and it doesn't reconnect automatically so even a brief loss of signal is fatal), but my present one has never dropped in over a weeks operation.

I'm using my E160 with an aerial to get a very good (80-86%) signal. Have you tried an aerial? Can you plug the dongle direct into your PC. If so what happens then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami