Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Being seen as an internal IP

• bradley porter
  • Topic Author
More
13 Nov 2009 16:01 #1 by bradley porter
Being seen as an internal IP was created by bradley porter
Hi All,

I have a Draytek 2920 router with a bank of 5 IP's associated with it. The primary IP ends in 33 and used by the router. So far, I have used the open PORTS to assign IP 34 to a webserver that sits on my LAN. All requests for the website part coming in do so by the 34 IP.

However, when l look at remote computers that my webserver connects to externally, it used the primary 33 address IP and not the 34 - for some reason I can't seem to make this server use 34 as the outgoing IP when it makes external connections. I am always seen as 33 by the remote machine.

(To be clear, if I run a TELNET 130.56.34.22 80 command from my internal webserver and then do a NETSTAT on the remote computer, it says that IP address 33 is connect to PORT 80 and not 34 as I want).

Any of you bright people know what error I am making?

Thanks in advance.

Brad[/b]

Kind regards,
Bradley Porter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2009 17:31 #2 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Being seen as an internal IP
Use the Address Mapping function that's in "NAT"-"Address Mapping" . This allows you to set the outgoing IP Address for internal machines.

It definitely on the 2820 with firmware 3.3.3. I'm not sure about 2930.

If that's not available for your model, then another option is to use DMZ host. If you enable the DMZ host then the IP mapped to the internal IP will always be used for outgoing However , this opens up all ports to the internal IP so it should only be used in conjunction with the IP Filter to restrict traffic as required (unless you are running an adaquate firewall on the internal ip that's been put in the dmz host)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami