Vigor 2820n & Apple Mac Wireless

• modesupport
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
13 Nov 2009 22:11 #1 by modesupport
Vigor 2820n & Apple Mac Wireless was created by modesupport
A few weeks ago a Vigor 2820n router was installed at a customers site, to replace a faulty Belkin router which had faulty LAN ports causing problems for the EPOS system we supplied.

Since then the customer has had problems accessing sites like Google Calendar and Yahoo using Apple Mac laptops on wireless. We have tested the these sites using a laptop running Microsoft Windows, without any problems.

We asked the customer to test the Apple Mac laptops with the original Belkin router and they reported there was no problems.

Unfortunately none of our staff have any experience with the Apple Mac OS and cannot isolate the problem.

Are there any router settings which would cause these problems or could there be a incompatibility between the wireless in the the router and the Apple Macs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2009 00:41 #2 by alan.hancock
Replied by alan.hancock on topic mac wireless
FYI i have 2820Vn router 3.3.3 firmware, and a 17" Apple Macbook Pro 2008 model. No problems with wireless. There are no special configuration settings at either end as far as I am concerned. Suggest you ask the user to ensure their MAC airport firmware is up to date (airport is just the name given to the wireless receiver in the mac). Also, the user PROBABLY has a wireless router at home, so ask them if they have any problems using it there.

More
25 Nov 2009 15:13 #3 by thrain
Replied by thrain on topic Vigor 2820n & Apple Mac Wireless
I have a 17" Macbook Pro running 10.6.2 AKA Snow Leopard, its works fine with my 2820n running 3.3.3 & WPA2.

What encryption are you using on the wireless ?

What OS are they running on the Mac ?

Is the connectivity there, i.e. can they ping the default gateway.

More
04 Dec 2009 13:21 #4 by russell96
Replied by russell96 on topic Vigor 2820n & Apple Mac Wireless
I had trouble in the past with my Macbook on 10.5 working to a Netgear DG834N router, the issues disappeared when I upgraded to 10.6.

However over the same period I had no problems with a 2800VG on either 10.5 or 10.6. Maybe something to do with 802.11n ?

I've recently upgraded to a 2820Vn and have no problems connecting to the sites mentioned on my Macbook at all.

More
07 Dec 2009 11:46 #5 by davidp109
Replied by davidp109 on topic dns
I had a prob with the 2820vn on OS 10.5.1 it was using DHCP but not picking the DNS properly. In system preferences goto networking and select advanced then the DNS tab, add in the ip of either the DNS server or the DrayTek unit

Moderators: Sami