DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

FTP - cannot access folders

• 18pcs
  • Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2009 21:26 #1 by 18pcs
FTP - cannot access folders was created by 18pcs
Hello everyone. I have just installed a 2110n Router along with a AP700. Both working fine. I have a NAS disk on and I have forwarded Port 21 to this disk's IP. I am able to logon to the disk but only two files are visible viz v2110_3.3.0.cfg and v2110_3.3.0.all. When I try to go up the tree I get a message 550 Permission Denied. I was able to logon perfectly with my previous router so the NAS disk permissions are all OK. Only DOS firewall restrictions are ON. No other firewall is on. Can someone please help me thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2009 21:49 #2 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic FTP - cannot access folders
Hi,

v2110_3.3.0.cfg and v2110_3.3.0.all are router files that are visible when connected to the routers built-in FTP server. If you find you're connecting to the routers FTP server when connecting to the public IP it could mean that allow management from the Internet is enabled and FTP is checked.

Disable FTP and change the router FTP port to something else in System Maintenance >> Management

If you're testing locally and are trying a test connection by connecting to the public IP via FTP and you get this, then it's probably the same reason - change the routers FTP port to something else.

• 18pcs
  • Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2009 22:16 #3 by 18pcs
Replied by 18pcs on topic FTP - cannot access folders
Thank you very much, problem solved. Changed the ftp management port to 23 and all folders are now visible on the NAS. Thank you once again for your prompt reply and help.

Moderators: Sami