Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 reset itself to factory defaults

• kevintynfron
  • Topic Author
More
17 Nov 2009 19:41 #1 by kevintynfron
2820 reset itself to factory defaults was created by kevintynfron
Hi all.

I have an 2820 in use that I installed in September (2 months ago) to use a pipex ADSL and Virgin combination and was working fine. Got a phone call today that the internet had stopped working, and on further investigation, the 2820 had reset to factory defaults.

Anybody else had any issues like this?

I'm afraid I can't give further details as in firmware revs, etc. as I'm on a different continent to the router.

Cheers,
Kevin jones

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2009 21:02 #2 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic 2820 reset itself to factory defaults
It might not be possible in your case, for example it might be in a locked cabinet, but a possibility is something else went wrong, perhaps an temporary ISP issue, and someone on site tried to reset the router using the reset button but accidentially factory reset it instead.

To be careful you could get someone to .rst upgrade it to refresh the firmware (and make sure there isn't a corruption in the firmware), set it up again and then turn off / on from the mains to make sure it's retaining settings through a full power cycle.

• kevintynfron
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2009 03:49 #3 by kevintynfron
Replied by kevintynfron on topic 2820 reset itself to factory defaults
I talked them through restoring functionality, then got an email this morning saying it had gone again.

Beginnning to sound like a faulty unit to me.

Moderators: Sami