DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820VN Firmware 3.3.3 - To upgrade or not?

• sawilson_uk
  • Topic Author
More
21 Nov 2009 23:14 #1 by sawilson_uk
Hi - This is my first post on this forum. I'm feeling smug having just worked out how to share my Laserjet 1005 via the USB port on the router. No need to leave PC switched on any more. Seems to work OK although not on the supported list of printers.

Anyway - came across the notes about Firmware update. Mine is on 3.2.1 dated June 2008. As my router has run flawlessly for a year now, I'm of the mind "if it aint broke don't fix it".

Are there significant benefits to upgrading the firmware? Would an uncomplicated user like me notice the difference? Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2009 10:31 #2 by splank
see here:
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13451

More
23 Nov 2009 09:42 #3 by philst

sawilson_uk wrote: Hi - This is my first post on this forum. I'm feeling smug having just worked out how to share my Laserjet 1005 via the USB port on the router. No need to leave PC switched on any more. Seems to work OK although not on the supported list of printers.

Anyway - came across the notes about Firmware update. Mine is on 3.2.1 dated June 2008. As my router has run flawlessly for a year now, I'm of the mind "if it aint broke don't fix it".

Are there significant benefits to upgrading the firmware? Would an uncomplicated user like me notice the difference? Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
Scott

Mirror feature included, so you can use traffic analisys i.e. the SmartMonitor Software.
Phil

Moderators: Sami