DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Printer Sharing - HP LaserJet 1005 on Vigor2820Vn

• sawilson_uk
  • Topic Author
More
22 Nov 2009 23:37 #1 by sawilson_uk
I have a Desktop XP PC historically with a local USB connected printer. I plug the printer into the USB port on the router instead. I configure a new printer as per instructions on Draytek website. But nothing prints.

So following a tip I found on these forums, I plugged the printer back into the PC and printed a test page OK. Then I plug the printer back into the router. Lo and behold, I can now print documents to the printer via the router. Strange, hope I don't need to do that each time I restart the PC.

Anyway onto Vista laptop. I configure a new printer also as per instructions. On first attempt it prints a test page via the router and I think I've cracked this printer sharing. But it refuses to print any other documents. They appear in the queue, it says they are spooling, but the printer does nowt.

I have rebooted the router and the printer. I have upgraded the router firmware to 3.3.3 to see if USB improvements help. They don't. Is anyone successfully sharing this or any other printers from Vista and XP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2009 11:21 #2 by macavity
I've got some Vista PCs printing successfully. I've noticed that with some printers the Vista print drivers aren't great, so it's worthwhile checking to see if there are specific vista drivers available from the manufacturer, as that might be related to the issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami