DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Upgrading Vigor 2820 to latest Firmware kills my Connection

• nbrathwaite
  • Topic Author
More
25 Nov 2009 17:59 #1 by nbrathwaite
I have just upgraded my V2820 to the firmware version v2820_v333_232201_A.all. Although I get DSL connection and speed displayed it does not appear to authenticate to myISP ( BT) . I have reentered all the required credentials and still no joy. If I revert to the old firmware it connects but with a poor speed.

If I connect my BT supplied 2Wire HomeHub it connects instantly with a connection speed of between 5 and 6 Meg. Does anyone else have this issue ?? :( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2009 23:18 #2 by macavity
That's strange, what firmware were you on previously?

What error do you get when it tries to connect? Does it respond with a CHAP failure or a timeout?

If you telnet to the router (run 'telnet 192.168.1.1') use the command 'log -ct' to bring up the call log

More
28 Nov 2009 08:45 #3 by nick2906
I've just updated my 2820 to this revision, and it works just fine.

• nbrathwaite
  • Topic Author
More
28 Nov 2009 16:42 #4 by nbrathwaite
Thanks guys. In light of your responses, I reapplied the firmware v2820_333_232201_A and still could not connect to my ISP. When using the telnet command log -c -t I get response: "Dialing ISP" and nothing more. I the installed the Draytek syslog and the call logonly shows "Dialing ISP"

I then applied v2820_v03321_232201_A.all and it is working again.

More
28 Nov 2009 19:06 #5 by macavity
My recommendation is to take a backup of your cfg and then upgrade to 333 using the .rst file. This will completely reset all your settings. Don't reload your cfg, just manually put in the DSL and ADSL credentials. Wait and see if it connects. If it does then it was an issue with the cfg and must be some imcompatibility between your 3321 cfg and the new 333 firmware.

If it doesn't then downgrade again and reload your cfg to get back online.

More
23 Dec 2009 11:18 #6 by clintoncards
Hi, We have nearly 1000 site with a variety of draytek routers including the 2800 and 2820. We have seen perfectly good routers fail to connect after f/w upgrade. The cause has always been a slight niggle with the line. This has always been confirmed by moving the non working router to another site and it would work. Hope the info helps.

Moderators: Sami