Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 Issues

• philnorton
  • Topic Author
More
25 Nov 2009 19:23 #1 by philnorton
Vigor 120 Issues was created by philnorton
Hi

Took delivery of a Vigor 120 today, the same day that the broadband was being activated in the new serviced office we've moved into. We were supplied with a Thomson Speedtouch 585 but intend to use the Vigor. However, whilst the Thomson connected to the ISP flawlessly, the Vigor (despite being told in various places that it should simply be a case of plugging-and-playing) couldn't get any internet connection whatsoever.

I'm not sure who the actual ISP is (we were given a generic/white label 0870 phone number to call, and the username is @dls.com) but before I spend a load of money on the phone with them (probably for them to tell me that they don't support the Vigor), are there any questions I should be asking them? I assume the Internet light is supposed to glow green (it doesn't; not even a blink!!)? I've tried the setup, but even the admin is very flaky with frames not displaying etc, and images not showing. I tried updating the firmware but 20 minutes later, and nothing had progressed, so either the modem is somewhat faulty, or that's just the way things are on the Vigor 120.

Anyone shed any light on this?

TIA
Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2009 23:22 #2 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Vigor 120 Issues
The setup guide is on http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html

I'd recommend trying the DrayTek connectivity helpline first. Details are in the support section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami