DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2800VG - keeps rebooting

More
01 Dec 2009 00:19 #1 by mbames
2800VG - keeps rebooting was created by mbames
I have had my 2800VG for a good couple of years, and it was returned to draytek previously for some wifi issues. However for the last couple of months it has become very unstable and at sometimes unusable.

It quite often reboots (runs from a UPS, along with a cisco router which is fine). This evening it has rebooted 3 times and really beginning to annoy me. When it manages to stay up it is normally under 32 hours, and in that time I have noticed the system up time drifts well ahead of the adsl sync time. In a 32 hour window, the adsl time can be an hour or two behind, but I know the adsl does drop after say an hour, it just seems to be a gradual drift in the two times, which I never used to see happen - it used to get in the 300+ hours and still only be about 35 seconds apart.

Firmware: 2.8.2
Build Date: Tue Jun 3 15:26:55.35 2008
ADSL firmware: E.38.2.23 Annex A

Sys uptime: 0:12.30
WAN uptime: 0:11.43

I will repost the up-times in the morning.

It generally seems to suffer more with wifi based connections too - for ever dropping the wifi connection even though the signal strength is reported as good/very good.

Does anyone have any ideas? This firmware has been on the router for along time and has been stable (although I am struggling with site to site vpns, but thats another story!)

Thanks,
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2009 10:33 #2 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic 2800VG - keeps rebooting
Updated times:

Sys uptime:96:20:04
WAN uptime: 95:13:59

So that woulf indicate that within an hour of the last router reboot my ADSL dropped, but I am sure that isn't the case, and that these two times just seem to gradually drift....

More
07 Dec 2009 09:39 #3 by lozstlouis
Replied by lozstlouis on topic 2800VG - keeps rebooting
There are other posts here somewhere that describe that the uptime isn't quite what you'd think. Its something to do with sync from memory...

www.alits.co.uk

More
08 Dec 2009 17:52 #4 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic 2800VG - keeps rebooting
I am sure that with previous firmwares the two times used to be within 30 seconds or so of each other..... but time will tell.

Thanks.

Moderators: Sami