DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WAN2 DSL is Very slow on two Tested "ok" 2820 firm

More
08 Dec 2009 12:44 #1 by andymdb
Hi All,

i have a 7mb leased line to use. It is through a medusa server and i have all the correct IP's for it.

On connecting a previously good vigor 2820 router i only receive 0.5mb download on testing with www.speedtest.net. Not sure if that's allowed but apologies if not.

So i replaced the router and i get the same download speed. The IT guy who runs the 7mb line assures me there is no restriction of that nature on it and it must be DSL setting i'm missing. I have looked for all obvious settings such as ruin your day by clicking this setting etc but can't see the one he says i've missed.

Both these routers are spot on when using WAN1.

Any idea's

Kind Regards

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2009 21:53 #2 by jmn
I also see slow throughput on WAN2 - not yet measured. I have a 2800VG and 2820Vn; ADSL2+ with Demon and notice that the DrayTek routers SYNC at 20% to 25% slower than the Thomson SpeedTouch 585 which is standard issue to Demon customers.

So it seemed obvious to use the SpeedTouch on the ADSL line and use the 2820Vn connected to it via WAN2. This works ok but, just as andymdb notices, the throughput is much slower than expected. Noticeable on loading of web pages, for instance. ftp behaves in a strange way, too.

The SpeedTouch etherport to the 2820Vn is setup as DMZ.

Any other users experience the same thing?

JMN

More
09 Dec 2009 09:34 #3 by andymdb
Replied by andymdb on topic Situation update
Hi JMN,

My situation has changed slightly. The guy who said there was no restrictions in place was wrong his lovely assistant had not done the unrestricting.

But i am as you said still receiving 2mb less than i should. All tests report 5mb on a 7mb leased line. I've looked on the floor but can't see the extra 2mb leaking out anywhere!! Is there a tick we should be ticking?

How about one of the Draytek guys answering rather than just having the poor users floundering in forums with kit that is becoming unsellable due to performance. I work for an IT company that until recently swore by these routers.

Andy

More
11 Dec 2009 09:47 #4 by andymdb
Replied by andymdb on topic Thanks
Hi all,

thanks for the replies. I have since given up. I changed the router to another of equivalent standard. 7mb down and up users no longer complaining jobs a good un.

Andy

again thanks for the interest shown. But not the fix i was hoping for.

Moderators: Sami