Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2110n remote NAS

• hongman
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2009 13:47 #1 by hongman
2110n remote NAS was created by hongman
Hi

I have bought the 2110n, and got the engineer to send me the beta firmware to enable the USB NAS function.

It doesnt work on my USB external hard drive (Maxtor, 750GB) but it does work on my 8GB pen drive (more specifically, it just doesnt detect anything is plugged in with the 750GB one)

Anyways, I went into USB Applications and set up a user, perms etc. Works like a charm on my LAN but, is there anyway to get this accessible from outside?

I havent got FTP remote management set up, and I changed the port to something else anyway. Thought it might of been a conflict of ports.

I have a dyndns domain set up, I was hoping to host my own files to access as and when I needed them using this NAS function.

Thanks

Hong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hongman
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2009 20:37 #2 by hongman
Replied by hongman on topic 2110n remote NAS
Ok, I found out that the NAS function currently only supports FAT16/32 and <500GB.

Still would like to be able to access it over the net though.

More
22 Dec 2009 04:24 #3 by 18pcs
Replied by 18pcs on topic 2110n remote NAS

hongman wrote: Ok, I found out that the NAS function currently only supports FAT16/32 and <500GB.

Still would like to be able to access it over the net though.

I have a Transcend 500gb hdd connected and am able to access it through FTP from anywhere, in and out of the network.

Moderators: Sami