DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 USB disk problem ( 3.3.3_232201 firmware)

• frogfootuk
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2009 15:55 #1 by frogfootuk
Hi quick question here, I have a USB disk attached to the router USB port and can access the Public folder with no problem, however when I create an account within "USB User Management" and enter a username/password I cannot map to the new folder, Windows 7 keeps telling me that the username/password is incorrect (both username and password entered correctly.)

Does anyone have any ideas.
Thanks
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2009 17:19 #2 by philby
Hello

I can't offer any solution but wanted to let you know that I have this exact problem too, among others, so at least you're not alone :)

Maybe someone can help here?

philby

More
08 Dec 2009 21:08 #3 by rebel154
Replied by rebel154 on topic 2820 USB disk problem ( 3.3.3_232201 firmware)
+1 here. I've just been playing with this 'feature' and gave up. I can access files via FTP though.

Nothing to see here - move along now!

More
08 Dec 2009 21:56 #4 by jmn
There is also a problem with the Syslog page. I cannot get it to work with either the USB disk option or the server option. I don't think this page is properly read by the firmware at all...

JMN

More
09 Dec 2009 09:22 #5 by voodle
Being unable to access the passworded folders is a sort of limitation of the USB disk support, which doesn't have the latest version of Samba so Vista/Win7 doesn't like it. You can change some settings to fix that though:
http://draytek.com/user/SupportAppnotesDetail.php?ID=874

More
10 Dec 2009 15:57 #6 by jmn
On 8 Dec I wrote:

There is also a problem with the Syslog page. I cannot get it to work with either the USB disk option or the server option. I don't think this page is properly read by the firmware at all...

Update: this problem is due to code on the Syslog/Mail Alert page being incompatible with Safari on a Mac. It works correctly using Firefox. I'm told that this will be fixed in the next release of 3.3.3

John

JMN

Moderators: Sami