DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Disappearing Download Allocation

• manstein
  • Topic Author
More
14 Dec 2009 19:41 #1 by manstein
Disappearing Download Allocation was created by manstein
My ISP is Zen and my package has a 25gb download allowance per month. Recently I've noticed roughly 5gb downloads every Sunday but I couldnt find what was causing these downloads. At first I assumed somebody had hacked my wi-fi but I'm told this is highly unlikely with WPA2/PSK encryption enabled.
This weekend I've been away for 4 days with the PC switched off but the router left on and another 11gb of my download allocation gone. I'm not a techy but I assume that the problem lies at the router.

Any clues as to the problem gratefully received.

The OS is XP and the router is a Draytek Vigor 2820

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2009 09:25 #2 by paulj48
Replied by paulj48 on topic Disappearing Download Allocation
I would change the wireless password immediatly and even disable wireless when your not using it and see if you still have this problem.

More
15 Dec 2009 10:38 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Disappearing Download Allocation
Keep an eye on the Data Flow monitor on the router, which is under the Diagnostics menu, it'll show you which IP is using the bandwidth on your network, but it is realtime.
Otherwise you could use smartmonitor if you can get it to work, that'll give you a log of who has downloaded what.

• manstein
  • Topic Author
More
16 Dec 2009 13:57 #4 by manstein
Replied by manstein on topic Disappearing Download Allocation
Thanks for the pointers. As regards changing the wireless pass word I find myself stumped. I can find my wireless network name under the Wireless Lan-General Setup tab but no obvious sign of where the password field lies.

Thanks

Moderators: Sami