Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2710Vn - Questions

• dannyboy1121
  • Topic Author
More
19 Dec 2009 23:04 #1 by dannyboy1121
Draytek 2710Vn - Questions was created by dannyboy1121
Hi Folks,

I have a few questions about the Draytek 2710Vn as I'm considering upgrading to one of these units. It should converge about 4 separate units down in to one (save shelf space, power etc etc). Any answers to any of the questions would be appreciated.

1 - VOIP) I'm currently using a Linksys / Cisco SPA3102 to converge my PSTN / VOIP lines. The VOIP aspect (to Draytel of course) works fine but the PSTN aspect is dire. I've struggled for a long time to resolve echo and volume issues. Do the Draytek VOIP products have similar issues with PSTN quality? If I buy another FXS / FXO product that doesn't work - my wife will kill me.

2 - VOIP) Do the dial plans support time based / scheduled changes to call routing? I get free evening and weekend calls through PSTN so would like to set the thing up to direct calls via PSTN then .. but VOIP during daytime peak rate.

3 - VOIP / TELNET) If the answer is no to question 2 - does the 2710Vn have a telnet interface? If the call plans can be modified using CLI, then I could schedule an update from another server on the network. I'm keen to avoid having to use different # prefixes to route calls. I'm happy doing it .. but the wife isn't !! If not .. perhaps I could re-post data using a curl script.

4 - VPN) Does it act as a VPN endpoint? - i.e. Can I set it up as a PPTP VPN so that I can connect from a PPTP client back in to my home network using the 2710Vn to authenticate and manage the session?

5 - FIREWALL) I run a mail server on my LAN. I have people attempt to hack or relay spam off my system from time to time. I've taken to dropping supernets / ip-blocks to stop the problem. Is this possible on the 2710Vn and if so, are there limits to the number of blocking rules I can put in place?

I hope I get some responses :) ... The only other things I can think of is whether it's worth waiting for the DECT version?

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dannyboy1121
  • Topic Author
More
19 Dec 2009 23:12 #2 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic Draytek 2710Vn - Questions
RE: Question3 - if the 2710Vn does support Telnet then it looks like the voip dial_plan command could cover this off. Set up a cron job from somewhere else on the network and update as and when required. Nice and easy by the looks of things.

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami