Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firewall/object setting issues since latest firmware release

• roboughton
  • Topic Author
More
21 Dec 2009 15:16 #1 by roboughton
I keep getting errors like this

Get Control Name Error !

The latest configuration will be ignored, and system administrator should return to previous webpage to configure again.

Not sure why as the rules i am adding or editing to the Object settings anre not in use and sometimes it lets me edit it and sometimes not.

got any ideas what im doing wrong?? all ports etc i am confguring are not in use in other objects as i dont have many things other than RDP set up.

I think this is a bug as i now cant add anything to the list after adding one earlier it just wont work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2009 15:25 #2 by voodle
It looks like some kind of javascript bug, I've seen it occur fairly randomly. I think the easy way to tell if it's going to work or not is to look at the index value, if it's going to work it'll have the correct index number, if it won't work then it'll be Index 0.

Try different browsers and see if it happens?

If you're really stuck, I think you can change the object settings through telnet

• roboughton
  • Topic Author
More
21 Dec 2009 15:29 #3 by roboughton

Voodle wrote: It looks like some kind of javascript bug, I've seen it occur fairly randomly. I think the easy way to tell if it's going to work or not is to look at the index value, if it's going to work it'll have the correct index number, if it won't work then it'll be Index 0.

Try different browsers and see if it happens?

If you're really stuck, I think you can change the object settings through telnet

Pain in the back side this thing is. Tried in IE8 with compat mode too its a random error as sometimes it works and other times it just wont haver any of it

Moderators: Sami