DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Issue

• jonwoan
  • Topic Author
More
27 Dec 2009 10:43 #1 by jonwoan
2820 Issue was created by jonwoan
Been using my 2820 standard router (non Wireless) for around 8 months now with no issues. I came to it this morning with three flashing lights
ACT -
USB -
CSM -

Re-booted and the same thing happened, my initial thought was that it has had a bad firmware image, however i have not flashed it for months with the new version.

I can ping the route, but cannot gain web access to it, i have also tried to re-flash the routers firmware using the tool, but i just get the error "timed out". It still acts as a DHCP Server giving the dns as my.router. and assigns addresses accordingly.
Any idea`s or is it going to be a expensive paperweight :?

Resolved
All steps taken to resolve
Draytek box resorted to change its IP to 192.168.1.1
Use "Draytek Firmware upgrader" utilty availble under download section fron Draytek site.
Download the latest firmware.

- Follow instructions , just before you click Sent, keep your ballpoint pen stuck in he reset button, use the switch to turn off, leave 10 second and turn back on again. Straight away click Send. The software will then restore factory image mine took a good 4 minutes.
When it had finished my router changed IP address back to the one i setup. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2010 18:19 #2 by mr t
Replied by mr t on topic 2820 Issue
That was excellent - exactly the same thing has just happened to me and this resolved it..... Five star result... :D

"The trees are bare"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami