DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

O2 Broadband

• addanc
  • Topic Author
More
31 Dec 2009 15:56 #1 by addanc
O2 Broadband was created by addanc
I am trying to configure the Vigor2710n for use with O2 broadband.

I have transfered the configuration used with a Netgear DG834G as close as I can, but I am unable to establish an Internet connection. In the "Online Status" page I have a green (Connected) ADSL layer and a red (Disconnected) WAN Status; so presumably the physical hardware is OK and the problem is a logical connection issue.

On the netgear their is no log-in configuration for the O2 broadband, and an "Account Name" of "O2 Home Broadband". The netgear help gives the following definition for "Account Name":

(also known as Host Name or System Name)

For most users, type your account name or user name in this box. For example, if your main mail account is JerAB@ISP.com, then put JerAB in this box.

If your ISP has given you a specific Host name, then type it (for example, CCA7324-A).

Does this "Account Name" map to the "ISP Name" on the "Internet Access"->"PPPoE/PPPoA" configuration page? If this is the case I cannot enter the name "O2 Home Broadband" into this field since it truncates at 15 characters.

Presumably since there is no log-in configuration for O2 broadband I just leave the "Username" and "Password" fields blank on the same page? There is no option to explicitly disable "Authentication"

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

**** EDIT ****
This link http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Broadband%29,T=Broadband_Case,CASE=13409 provides the basic O2 configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami