01 Jan 2010 19:47 #1 by davids-h
2820 load balance was created by davids-h
Hi

I have a 2820Vn running on:

Model Name : Vigor2820 series
Firmware Version : 3.3.0
Build Date/Time : Oct 8 2008 16:05:16
ADSL Firmware Version : 211011_A Annex A

(I'm reluctant to upgrade the firmware given the adverse comments on this forum)

I have two WAN.
1. ADSL - linked to ISP-1
2. Link to another Draytek ADSL router linked to a backup ADSL connection linked to ISP-2.

I used to have WAN2 as a fall-lover backup, but am starting to reach the capacity on my ISP-1's download limits, so want to spread the load to ISP-2. I am therefore trying to run the router with both WAN active.The main ADSL link has the highest download limit, while the other link has a much lower limit.

My problem is that with both WAN active, the router seems to send most up and download requests via WAN2, not WAN1. I could simply switch the connections, but I'm curious to know how I can allocate say 70% to WAN1 and 30% to WAN2. Is there a straightforward way of doing this?

Tks & Rgds

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2010 18:37 #2 by sbv3000
Replied by sbv3000 on topic 2820 load balance
dont believe there is a way to load balance by bandwidth use, but you could check network traffic using smart monitor and create some load balance policies to route traffic for specific pc's that are high users.

also, traffic may be weighted to wan2 is the modem thinks it is connected at 10/100 etc to the second adsl modem. try setting line speed for each link exactly

• davids-h
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jan 2010 18:42 #3 by davids-h
Replied by davids-h on topic 2820 load balance
Thanks

How do I set the line speed for each link exactly? I suppose I could also spoof the router by telling it that the WAN2 line speed is less than WAN1?

Rgds

More
16 Jan 2010 16:20 #4 by tgold
Replied by tgold on topic 2820 load balance
You can enter the Down/Up Line Speeds for each of the two WANs in the WAN/General Setup screen.

Tony

Moderators: Sami