DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2950 + 120 problems using BE There this week?

• danieln
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jan 2010 09:40 #1 by danieln
Morning All,

On Monday I returned to the office to find the BE connection (connected to WAN1 on the 2950) disconnecting every 1 to 2 minutes, tried rebooting all boxes, changing filters cables etc, updated firmware on the 120 but no luck.

Called BE to confirm all ok and line tests seem fine, I have actually plugged in the BE Box and it connects fine and stays connected! Called Draytek support and was advised to try different firmwares for various modem codes but no luck, so ordered a new 120! installed yesterday and I am getting exact same behaviour!

Has anyone had this sort of issue with BE? Its line the connection is made fine but just drops out and continually does this, last night I did try changing the option of "WAN Connection Detection" within the 2950 from ARP Detect to Always on and it stayed connected for a good while but today its the same.

Please help...

Cheers

Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2010 09:18 #2 by marcuswhite
Replied by marcuswhite on topic 2950 + 120 problems using BE There this week?
Getting a similar problem with vigor 120 connected to vigor 2930, ISP is BT but it's continually dropping connection for NO reason.

I've connected the BT line to our old vigor 2800 and it stayed up for 4 hours without dropping, any ideas?

More
12 Jan 2010 13:31 #3 by runningdeere
Replied by runningdeere on topic 2950 + 120 problems using BE There this week?
It's possible that it's noise on the line.
Try changing your profile with Be to get a higher SNR and see if it helps.

• danieln
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2010 17:47 #4 by danieln
Replied by danieln on topic 2950 + 120 problems using BE There this week?
No line is fine, checked with support who say the 2950 needs an firmware update and then to telnet to it with a command of ip arch accept 1

yet to try and router is in continual use so may give it a go this evening...

More
15 Jan 2010 09:23 #5 by nealuk
Hello, we have had problems with constant resyncs on an ADSL2+ Annex M line (with Be).

The first DV120 came with a 9 volt power supply.

After a few months we had problems with and went through the support system, and had our unit replaced.

Then on unit 2, again after a few months problems returned.

The original power supply was an "OEM AC ADAPTOR AD-0950D" by "Intertek FOR I.T.E. only" with 9V 500mA output.

Going through support again they issued us a new power supply, of a completely different style, which the sticker says gives an output of 15v 0.4A

I was nervous about plugging this in - but did so anyway - and our coneection has been rock solid since!

Thinking about my DG834GT at home, that seems to run much warmer at home on ADSL2+ than on ADSL.

I suspect that a modem running ADSL2+ needs to draw more power than it would with ADSL1 ?

I would advise contacting support, and see if they find a more beefy power supply that would reolve the problem.

• danieln
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jan 2010 15:35 #6 by danieln
Replied by danieln on topic 2950 + 120 problems using BE There this week?
Thanks for your reply to this however following a firmware update last night on the 2950 and running the telnet command it seems to be connecting solidly now...

Will monitor but for now it looks good... it has gone from reconnecting every few minutes so happy with this.

Just annoying I had this hassle in the first place, dam BE.

thanks

Moderators: Sami