Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2 niggling problems with the Vigor 120

• cdpoole
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2010 10:27 #1 by cdpoole
Hi

I have 2 problems with my draytek vigor 120-

1. I cannot connect to the web interface 192.168.2.1 wirelessly. And when I do connect, with the cable, bits of he page are missing.

2. And I'm not sure if this is related but I am trying to video chat and audio chat on iChat on a mac but I think the vigor is bloocking the ports. Is this possible? My router is an Apple Time Capsule which can be thought of as the same hardware as the Airport Extreme. Is there any sort of port control or firewall on the Vigor 120? And if so, how do I turn it off?

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2010 12:01 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2 niggling problems with the Vigor 120
1. This is a firmware bug, which mostly affects Safari, update to the latest 3.2.4.1 and see if that helps if its not already using that. - if you're using a PPPoE/A connection, thats why you can't connect wirelessly, PPPoE mode doesn't use that IP address so it won't be accessible through the router.

2. The 120 doesn't do any firewalling, it passes the connection straight on to the router/pc connected, you should probably report that sort of thing to draytek support. Or you might need to enable NAT-PMP/UPNP on your time capsule as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami