DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2930 Installation and VPN Setup

• jonoharper
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2010 19:22 #1 by jonoharper
Draytek 2930 Installation and VPN Setup was created by jonoharper
I’m new to this sort of thing so please excuse my ignorance...

I have purchased a Draytek 2930 Dual WAN router. Now the fun starts I need to install it.

It will be used in a Head Office (small business). The HO has 7 people in it all connected to server 2003. They mainly use web apps and also a Cisco VPN dialler which connects to another server in England (we are in Scotland, for your info).

The HO has a Cisco Router which is a BT managed SDSL 2MB line. This router has to stay, I would like to put the Draytek 2930 on the other side of the router to act as a way for the remote sites to VPN in to connect to shared drives on the server. Hope this makes sense so far!

Also in the business are two remote offices which have currently access to the server via LogMeIn Hamachi², which works a treat but sometimes reverts to relayed tunnels which cause us a major headache. Both sites currently have BT ADSL lines connected via a Draytek 2800. I’m hoping this make the whole thing a lot easier.

As I’m the stand in IT guy I need a step by step guide (dumbies guide to draytek if you like) to make this happen.

Once I install the Draytek I need to have connections to the outside world from HO namely via the Cisco Diallers to be un-effected by the installation of the Draytek 2930 and need the Remote sites to be able to access the server with little or no downtime.

I really have no idea how to set up either the 2930 or the 2800’s so please HELP!!!!!

Any help will be vastly appreciated, thanks in advance and thanks for taking the time to read my rant.

Cheers
J :?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami