DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

120 modem & SNMP

• iamq-yesiam
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jan 2010 19:30 #7 by iamq-yesiam
Replied by iamq-yesiam on topic 120 modem & SNMP
I have no option to script anything for http/telnet the end customer wants SNMP only.

Oh well thats a shame and I think they have already ordered them.

If I find anything shocking I'll let you know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2010 18:49 #8 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 120 modem & SNMP

essele wrote: I'm happily running a Vigor 120 behind a 2820, I have it connected to one of the LAN ports and then another LAN port connected to the WAN port...

One of the LAN ports of what...the 2820? The Vigor120 has only one LAN port...shouldn't the V120 be connected to the WAN port of the Vigor120...

n.b. it is transparent, but you are technically correct that I think it can intercept and inject its own management subnet data... but it still doesn't support SNMP.

Forum Administrator

More
26 Jan 2010 20:09 #9 by rothers
Replied by rothers on topic 120 modem & SNMP
As essele said, LAN of 120 into LAN of 2820, LAN of 2820 into WAN of 2820. Both subnets will then be available on the LAN.

More
27 Jan 2010 16:51 #10 by essele
Replied by essele on topic 120 modem & SNMP
Yep, this is correct.

It doesn't represent any security challenge since the WAN port is only hosting PPPoE traffic, the only concern I had was one of performance since the traffic is in and out of the switch twice, but it all seemed ok.

I have since moved on from this though as I couldn't find a way to get the 2820 to do per-packet load balancing.

Lee.

Moderators: Sami