DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek v700 / 2820VN Repeater Issues

• probel
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jan 2010 21:02 #1 by probel
Have tried to configure 2820 but it will not allow the v700 access through the firewall even though it is configured. Will not see WDS. I am on a BE+ and suffer from a poor signal to noise ratio but still get over 1meg and 9 down. I am using Firmware Version : 3.2.1
Build Date/Time : Jun 11 2008 14:51:46
ADSL Firmware Version : 211011_A Annex A
Will an upgrade to version 3.3.3 cure my problem or will it cause me an even bigger headache with my ISP?
The other problem is when I do an access point scan the 2820 reports the MAC address of the V700 as one digit out from the label but station list displays the correct MAC address. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2010 09:33 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Draytek v700 / 2820VN Repeater Issues
You'll need to use the latest 3.3.3 firmware for the 2820 to work well with the AP700.

Also the AP700's MAC address on the bottom of it is sort of a base MAC address, it's what the router uses for WDS and as the first SSID but repeater and station infrastructure will both use a MAC address that is 1 digit higher than either the base MAC address OR the last enabled SSID (which each get a MAC address when enabled)

• probel
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jan 2010 10:01 #3 by probel
Replied by probel on topic V700
Many thanks for that. Will my ADSL2 performance be affected by the new firmware? If the V700 is using 2 MAC addresses do both have to be set on the 2820 firewall and wireless acess?

More
20 Jan 2010 10:45 #4 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Draytek v700 / 2820VN Repeater Issues
ADSL2 performance is only affected by the modem code, which will be different with the new firmware but if you've got an ADSL2+ line it should give you a better speed.

If you're using repeater mode then you'd need the +1 MAC address, you shouldn't need to put the AP700 in the access list if youre using WDS afaik.

• probel
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jan 2010 11:02 #5 by probel
Replied by probel on topic Draytek v700 / 2820VN Repeater Issues
Many thanks for that. Will try on Friday, day off!
On another topic do you happen to know how to send e-mail alerts from the router to a gmail address please?

• probel
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jan 2010 18:49 #6 by probel
Replied by probel on topic Draytek v700 / 2820VN Repeater Issues
Downloaded firmware, router sees v700 but will not allow it on the internet. Also the V700 keeps hanging the WiFi network causing the 2820VN to close down on RF despite the fact that the router and the access point are 50 mtrs apart and on seperate floors. I have spent all day trying every combination of setting, please can someone help me as I am tearing my hair out. V700 is configured as a repeater. I have even tried changing RF channels but the fault obviously follows. I can access the V700 via LAN or WiFi from a laptop but the laptop declares only local service available unless I log back in to the router direct then all is well.
I have also given the V700 a differant SSID for local use though it has the router SSID as its master. can not log the V700 into WDS on the router at all even as a bridged device.

Moderators: Sami