DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DHCP issues - 2820vn

• peteytr1uk
  • Topic Author
More
20 Jan 2010 13:25 #1 by peteytr1uk
DHCP issues - 2820vn was created by peteytr1uk
In the office we have a network setup running 5 PC`s permanently and upto 4 more laptops getting random access. Wireless is working fine and this problem doesnt seem to effect it.

We have a Draytek Vigor 2820vn on the latest firmware which provides the routing. We have this running on DSL, as it has the option for 2 WAN`s. We have this uplinked to a netgear FS752TPS network switch, which provides PoE to the office IP phones, and we also have a siemens HiPath 2030 PBX connected on a static IP.

I cant see a place in the PPPoA section to setup a DNS server. We are using DSL so PPPoA seems the only option.

Also, the IP lease on the client PC`s are dynamic and have approx. 24 hr lease on each machine. Would changing to static improve issues dio you think?

We also have an IPsec tunnel provided over VPN to the bosses house to provide the VoIP link, and this is tunnelled to another 2820vn at his house.

Setting this lot up took a while, but it works.

While everything works fine, and there are never any problems with the VPN, VoIP and wireless, every now and then at random intervals the office clients seem to stop working on the internet. A refersh of the IP fixes this.

Does anyone know why this is?

Phones, network cabling, fibre and PC`s I can fix but this has me a bit confused. As far as I can see the router is all kosher and there are no obvious problems in the config...

HELP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peteytr1uk
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2010 09:15 #2 by peteytr1uk
Replied by peteytr1uk on topic DHCP issues - 2820vn
Bump :)

Any help guys?

Have specified the plusnet IP for the DNS servers in the LAN settings and the problem still occurs. Also the IP phone is loosing coinnection, with the message gateway not found. A router reboot fixes this.

More
25 Jan 2010 19:27 #3 by sbv3000
Replied by sbv3000 on topic DHCP issues - 2820vn
do the clients work internally ok, eg file/print sharing and its only internet that stops?

have you checked to see if the netgear is passing dhcp updates etc?

could try using a dumb switch with a couple of the PC's to eliminate the netgear from the equation.

Moderators: Sami