Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Load Balance two 2820s

• swizzuk
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2010 20:29 #1 by swizzuk
Load Balance two 2820s was created by swizzuk
Hi All,

Hoping for a little advice as I'm slightly stuck here.
The scenerio I have is at a branch office I have two subnets, one is for all the computer traffic, the second for all the voip phones. each subnet has its own router (2820) which is vpn'd direct to a corresponding router at headoffice, so one accepts all the voice traffic, and the other the data. These also serve another branch office.

One branch office is suffering from very slow connections. I have thought about utilising both the broadband accounts and connecting both 2820s together to 'bundle' the lines as it were and then have one vpn to one of the routers at HO, or just do the same trick at each location. (Obviously losing the two subnets and creating just one at the branch office, not a big deal)

So two questions really - is this possible and if so how to do go about setting it up on the routers.

Any tips, and step by step instructions would be very helpful.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2010 12:55 #2 by sbv3000
Replied by sbv3000 on topic Load Balance two 2820s
I dont think its possible to bundle two different VPNs to give overall bandwidth increase on the draytek. This sort of thing can be done at MAC address level on Cisco routers using their GLBP protocol.

maybe instead try to find out the cause of the reported slow connections, using smart monitor and find any offending traffic?

• swizzuk
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2010 14:16 #3 by swizzuk
Replied by swizzuk on topic Load Balance two 2820s
I have got an engineer coming out to do full diagnostics on the line and find out why they are syncing so slow.

Its just a way to create redundancy should one line fail.

At least if i could set them up so the routers fail over to WAN2 and the use WAN2 to dial out the VPN again, might be a trick? Just need additional profiles for the dial in at headoffice so it accepts both IPs?

Moderators: Sami