DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2800n - forcing bras/adsl sync speeds ?

• mizpah
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jan 2010 12:40 #1 by mizpah
Hi Folks,

I have just replaced a cisco 800 series router with this model to gain certain features. I have tried using the cisco on wan2, but that has posed config/vpn issues, so I am trying to use the 2800n in isolation.

We are situated approx 150m from the exchange, and are now only syncing with half the bras profile speeds we had!

After speaking to Zen support they indicated that it was because the cisco by default forces the adsl negotiation speed, which is then reflected by the bras profile if the speed is obtained. We had previously a 8128/7150 sync with the cisco, we now get a much lower sync with the 2800n. We have tried to reset our profile, but with the same results. We currently get approx 4mb throughput on a download, we were consistently getting over 7 according to speedtest.net !

A post here (http://forum.zensupport.co.uk/thread/18262.aspx) indicates that you can force the sync speed with this router - however I can't find any instructions to do so!

Could anyone please advice on the appropriate firmware, and more importantly how to manually force the sync speed to get my full line speed back ?!

We are all Google apps and Salesforce users in a shared office, so the speed difference is very noticeable!

Regards,

Mizpah

PS: Further Details!

Router Details:
Model Name: Vigor2820n
Firmware Version: 3.3.2.2_232201
Build Date/Time: Aug 3 2009 11:13:50
ADSL Firmware Version: 232201_A Annex A

Connection Details:
Up Speed: 44800
Down Speed: 4608000
SNR Margin: 5
Loop Att: 25
Code:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2010 12:57 #2 by lorian
Replied by lorian on topic 2800n - forcing bras/adsl sync speeds ?
You can force it lower than what the BRAS negotiates but not higher. That requires intervention by BT or a LOT of patients.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami