DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Work Installation Problem Public IP Addresses

• environomix
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jan 2010 16:46 #1 by environomix
Our office runs with BT Broadband, using the standard BT Business Hub Router, we also pay additionally for 5 static IP addresses so our BT Business Hub has a public IP address of 217.xx.xxx.182. We run our own web server (linux) and VoIP server (asterisk / linux) which we assign two of our public static IP addresses which 217.xx.xxx.179 points to our VoIP server and 217.xx.xxx.181 points to our web server all within the BT Business Hub Router.

We have purchased the DrayTek 120 ADSL Modem and Vigor 2930Vn Dual-Wan Router.

I have connected these up and have connected to the Internet no problems, although I am having issues setting up the public IP addresses to point to our two servers.

I have just tried to enter WAN1 configuration and entered the static IP address of the old BT Business Hub Router which is 217.xx.xxx.182 and then entered all five of the other static IP addresses from .177 -to- .181 in the WAN Alias setup area. I have then gone over to NAT>DMZ Hosts and pointed each local IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.10 for the web server) to the public IP address (e.g. 217.xx.xxx.181 for the web server) and allowed all traffic / disabled firewall to test to no avail, nothing working.

This is very frustrating and would appreciate any assistance anyone provides.

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2010 21:12 #2 by voodle
You might want to set up the IPs this way if you want it to bypass the firewall:
http://draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_2ndsubnet.html#disablenat

• environomix
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jan 2010 17:15 #3 by environomix
Replied by environomix on topic Work Installation Problem Public IP Addresses
I've managed to get the webserver and VoIP phone server online with their correct IP addresses (can view them in browser), however now I appear to face another problem which the individual VoIP telephones which have a local IP cannot connect to the VoIP server (using public IP address as this is a must)

Any suggestions? :?

Many Thanks

Moderators: Sami