DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2820Vn Firmware has bricked my router?

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2010 10:27 #1 by puregeordie
Hello chaps, First post! All I've done is try to upgrade my firmware as simple as it sounds. It sat their for a few minutes saying updating firmware then lost the connection to the router which I thought it would anyway probably due to a restart.

But hey its broke it. Cannot connect in and when I power it up or press the reset button it s lights all flash then go off then all flash again then some more lights change then go off again and just goes round and round all the time.

Plugged it in direct to a laptop and doesn't get an IP address and the lights just keep flashing and changing then completely goes off.

I hate these damn firmware updates, Why don't they do what they are supposed to do!! Aghhhh!

Looks like I'll be sending this back then as its only 10 months old. Unless you guys have any ideas.

FYI Previous Firmware was 3.2.1, I was using the routers web interface to do the update as it states and using the v2820_v333_232201_A.all downloaded from their web-site. The file was on my hard drive and uploaded seemed to be working but hasn't.

Thanks.

I was just wanting to use my ZTE MF627 3G USB dongle and update the firmware to get it working untill I came across a post the say that the latest firmware doesn't work with the MF622
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=60278#60278

Now I'm confused, Do I need to update to latest or would this just not work anyways, I know its a lower model usb 3g dongle but who knows.

Si

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2010 13:36 #2 by puregeordie
Replied by puregeordie on topic Draytek 2820Vn Firmware has bricked my router?
Please :cry:

More
03 Feb 2010 14:08 #3 by voodle
If the router is doing that, it's stuck in a reboot loop caused by something in the configuration of the router that the new firmware can't handle (normally). You can fix this by following these instructions: http://draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html#reflash
specifically the abnormal firmware conditions if you scroll down.

Usually when going between firmware versions like 3.2.x and 3.3.x, it's recommended to use the .rst file (clear the settings basically) because of the differences.

Also, the MF622 is an older modem than the MF627, the MF627 definitely works with 3.3.3.

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2010 15:17 #4 by puregeordie

Voodle wrote: If the router is doing that, it's stuck in a reboot loop caused by something in the configuration of the router that the new firmware can't handle (normally). You can fix this by following these instructions: http://draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html#reflash
specifically the abnormal firmware conditions if you scroll down.

Usually when going between firmware versions like 3.2.x and 3.3.x, it's recommended to use the .rst file (clear the settings basically) because of the differences.

Also, the MF622 is an older modem than the MF627, the MF627 definitely works with 3.3.3.

OK mate I'll have a look at that now.

Thank you.

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2010 15:49 #5 by puregeordie
All sorted thanks to voodle.

Cheers my friend. :D

Moderators: Sami