DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n configuration file backed up

• cyber-mav
  • Topic Author
More
09 Feb 2010 19:55 #1 by cyber-mav
2820n configuration file backed up was created by cyber-mav
hello all, i got a 2820n router which has been setup and had a lot of config info on it for static ip address mappings and SIP lines and the broadband settings themselves.

now have made a backup of this by going into the router settings and backing up the configuration data which has given me a 5kb .cfg file.

does this file hold all the data i need as in if i do a factory reset on the router can i get it up and running again without putting inthe broadband username and password and all the SIP line info and passwords along with the binded ip addresses to mac addresses.

also if the config file is restored will it restore the router password or will it be set back to default.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cyber-mav
  • Topic Author
More
09 Feb 2010 20:41 #2 by cyber-mav
Replied by cyber-mav on topic 2820n configuration file backed up
also is there some kind of program or utility that allows me to see the contents of the config file downloaded from the router to see all the settings inside it?

More
10 Feb 2010 09:29 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2820n configuration file backed up
The file is encrypted to protect the passwords and potentially other important data inside of it.

It does store all of the configuration so if you do factory reset it, you would just restore the configuration and every setting would be back to what it was before, ADSL settings, Bind IP to Mac settings etc.
The password goes with the configuration file on the 2820 so when you restore it, it'll have the same password settings as before.

• cyber-mav
  • Topic Author
More
11 Feb 2010 23:51 #4 by cyber-mav
Replied by cyber-mav on topic 2820n configuration file backed up
thankyou for your assistance. this allows me to make multiple changes now and if things dont work out i can just factory reset and load back the backup config.

Moderators: Sami