DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

syslog software

• prefuse
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2010 16:55 #1 by prefuse
syslog software was created by prefuse
Shesh this software is flaky - anyone have the same issue I have - C++ error from time to time, crashed the software and then will not run when you reopen it. Had to install on another pc, each time it happens it then fails after a while. A remove and reboot and isntall doesn't help. Running out of pc's to put it on.

Have to say the IPBX 2820 is good but prooving to be a bit flaky. Locked up completly a few times required a factory reset and load config file.

I understand hardware / software can have it's issues but the Netgear router this repalced probably crashed three times in five years of use.

Interstingly the factory reset meant the router found the POTS line and phone, however it just kept cycling through power was up just enough time for me to load the config backup and reboot.

This stopped the power cycle but the router does not recognise the pots line at all, the adsl light does not come on green for a line either.

Argh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2010 17:33 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic syslog software
Which version of the syslog utility are you using? The latest one fixes the C++ issue you're describing, you might need to get it from here:
http://draytek.com/user/SupportDLUtility.php

More
10 Feb 2010 18:48 #3 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic syslog software
Can confirm 4.2.1 works fine for me on Win 7

More
10 Feb 2010 19:21 #4 by sbv3000
Replied by sbv3000 on topic syslog software
I'm struggling with syslog on w7 x64. worked ok on vista x64. syslog finds the router but retrieves no data. tried run as admin, disable firewall etc any ideas?

• prefuse
  • Topic Author
More
11 Feb 2010 09:18 #5 by prefuse
Replied by prefuse on topic syslog software

Voodle wrote: Which version of the syslog utility are you using? The latest one fixes the C++ issue you're describing, you might need to get it from here:
http://draytek.com/user/SupportDLUtility.php

Ah thanks for that unfortunatly swapped one error for another (jed direct, method of collecting data not supported?) using the exe file. If I install the router tools pack I get the C++ error again.

:(

More
12 Feb 2010 07:13 #6 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic syslog software
I use rsyslogd on Linux ... no problems with that. ;)

Dan

Moderators: Sami